Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder

2 posters

Go down

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder Empty Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08 2010, 23:18

Appearing soon at Arkham will be a competition ladder where anyone can compete to reach the top, and stay there (the hard part Razz ) and be heralded the current GAMESMASTER.

Ok so how will this work? Simply fill in a card at Arkham with your name, forum username, and what games you play. When someone challenges you to a game on your card, you must arrange to play them. If they win, you swap places on the ladder. If they win, they move up one place on the ladder. If the challenger loses, they drop 2 spaces on the ladder. The games listed on your card can be any tabletop wargame, boardgame or card game.

Rules;

- All participants must have at least 2 different games listed on their card
- If someone is challenged to a game, they have 7 days to meet the challenge, or they forfeit and swap places with their challenger.
- The only time someone can refuse a challenge is if they already have a challenge to resolve.
- A challenger may make a challenge and ask to play as a team with friends of their choice, but the person they are challenging must agree to this. They can refuse without forfeit. If a team game takes place, only the challenger and the challengee's positions are changable, not other members of their team.

This is all just for a bit of fun folks, so please play fair and play nice Big Grin

From time to time i'll no doubt feel generous and give perks to the current leader Wink

So, that's it...make sure you fill in a card next time you're at Arkham cheers

Last edited by doblersdream on Wed Aug 11 2010, 04:13; edited 4 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder Empty Re: Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder

Post  kwi Thu Jul 08 2010, 23:46

Is it possible to play in a game with more than 2 players, with the relative position of challenger and challengee being what counts.
(I can see some underhanded tactics spawned from this Twisted Evil )
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder Empty Re: Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08 2010, 23:52

kwi wrote:Is it possible to play in a game with more than 2 players, with the relative position of challenger and challengee being what counts.
(I can see some underhanded tactics spawned from this Twisted Evil )

People's availabilty on the same night might be a sticky point for that to work but i'll allow the following and will add it to the rules;

A challenger may make a challenge and ask to play as a team with friends of their choice, but the person they are challenging must agree to this. They can refuse without forfeit. If a team game takes place, only the challenger and the challengee's positions are changable, not other members of their team.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Thu Jul 08 2010, 23:59

I actually meant a situation like this, I challenge you to a game of Bucket King, which looses something when only 2 players play, so we agree to let 2 others join the game, however the game turns out it would only be our relative positions that count for the ladder.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09 2010, 00:01

kwi wrote:I actually meant a situation like this, I challenge you to a game of Bucket King, which looses something when only 2 players play, so we agree to let 2 others join the game, however the game turns out it would only be our relative positions that count for the ladder.

Ah, yes i see - perfectly reasonable yes Thumbs up
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkAngel008 Fri Jul 09 2010, 01:35

doblersdream wrote:
kwi wrote:I actually meant a situation like this, I challenge you to a game of Bucket King, which looses something when only 2 players play, so we agree to let 2 others join the game, however the game turns out it would only be our relative positions that count for the ladder.

Ah, yes i see - perfectly reasonable yes Thumbs up

This sounds great Phil, do you intend to extend this idea to the xbox plans you have?

Christian
DarkAngel008
DarkAngel008

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09 2010, 02:00

DarkAngel008 wrote:

This sounds great Phil, do you intend to extend this idea to the xbox plans you have?

Christian

At the moment just wargames, boardgames & CCG. Once we get the 360 thing up and running it'll be kept seperate from the mainstream at Arkham as i don't think bringing video games into the mix any more than a seperate room on seperate nights would be too popular.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10 2010, 10:28

So that's a few names up already on the ladder...and Sir Ivor of Whitten (being the first to submit his name) is the inaugural leader...just waiting for someone to knock him off his lofty perch. If you need some motivation to do this, see below;

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder Ivor10

Arkham 'GAMESMASTER' competiton ladder Ivor210
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11 2010, 04:14

I've made a small but important amendment to the rules above so that it's not quite so easy to knock someone off their perch Self donk
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down