Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave (aka TheCrowe)

+2
Duce
theCrowe
6 posters

Go down

Dave (aka TheCrowe) Empty Dave (aka TheCrowe)

Post  theCrowe Tue Jun 22 2010, 10:00

howdy!
i've heard my name bandied around on this thing already by whom i can only assume is Ricky, and my own fellow gamers, so i figured i'd make an appearance.

Dave Crowe, of that "unofficial gaming group" in carrick mentioned by Jb. so far it's just Gary, Dave G and JB on here representing the group. so i'm adding myself to the mix.

i've been collecting games workshop games for over a decade now, (albeit with the occasional short lived hiatus) i'm currently the proud owner of no less than five 40k armies ( Orks, Raven Guard SM, Mostly Harlequin Eldar, Nids and the Imperial guard) and 2 fantasy armies (obscene amounts of Wood Elves and Goblins) and more Necromunda than you can shake an Isotropic Fuel Rod at.

I'm a big fan of the smaller game types, necromunda, small skirmish games, that sort of thing. i've been known to dabble in the odd bit of Gorkamorka too, and Mordheim though i've yet to fully embrace that one. i play bloodbowl too but seeing as my team are goblins and our reigning champ is a dwarf player you can guess how often i fancy a match.

I'm an avid painter and modeller and i love making terrain bits and scratch building ork vehicles.

it's good to hear that this centre has been set up near by as our group's regular hosts, Dave G and myself, being both a bit shorter on time than we used to be, i'm sure the odd Thursday night session may well take place in your fine establishment. Though be warned, keep a close eye on your bickies cause, i'm not naming names but some of our members wouldn't think twice about snaffling 6 or more in one bite.

anyway. I'm not exactly feeling like much of a stranger so i'll consider this more of a formal introduction to the group.

how do you do? *shakes hands*
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Dave (aka TheCrowe) Empty Re: Dave (aka TheCrowe)

Post  Duce Tue Jun 22 2010, 19:41

Welcome, I see your goblins and I raise you a team of skinks :) lets see you catch them :)
Duce
Duce

http://nibble.playsboard.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrawn Tue Jun 22 2010, 21:01

Welcome aboard Dave, glad to have you. Must warn you though- ever since I joined this forum I've been checking my emails with more excitement than I have since the good old days of Halas.....
Thrawn
Thrawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 22 2010, 22:10

Welcome to the forums Dave, looking forward to welcoming you to Arkham. You might be interested in our July 2nd Introduction to Ganesha Games - a great skirmish game system adaptable to just about any miniatures you could ever think of!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Tue Jun 22 2010, 23:22

Glad you've signed-up, Dave.

Now just Matt to go then we can start working on Andy, Rob, Robert... Big Grin
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Tue Jun 22 2010, 23:35

theCrowe wrote:I'm an avid painter and modeller and i love making terrain bits and scratch building ork vehicles.

..and a damn good one too. Where for my models I use many £s-worth of especially bought materials, weeks of graft and much cursing, Dave uses odds-and-ends of cardboard, a few strips of masking tape, 1 evening (if that) and not even a single harsh word.

And his are better! Got any pics of the Killa-cans, Dave?
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Wed Jun 23 2010, 08:45

my camera is broke. zoom error. took it to the beach *DOH* what a rookie mistake.
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  weeivor Wed Jun 23 2010, 09:18

Welcome Dave - hope to see you down at Arkham soon
weeivor
weeivor

http://www.weegamers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Wed Oct 06 2010, 09:03

Love the new profile pic, Dave.

Ah, happy memories of far too many evenings spent bookkeeping, writing battle reports, colouring in maps, thinking up terrible jokes...

...and the pit of doom.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrawn Wed Oct 06 2010, 19:53

The map appears to be wrong Dave- not only do Chaos have a reasonably sized empire, but so do the Dwarfs.
Thrawn
Thrawn

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Wed Oct 20 2010, 12:17

Whatever happened to that Dwarf Empire? Did someone wipe them out then raise their short arsed corpses back to fight as the undead or something?
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down