Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave (Yep, another one)

2 posters

Go down

Dave (Yep, another one) Empty Dave (Yep, another one)

Post  DaveTau Sat Sep 11 2010, 03:14

Hey guys

Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring here. I've only been up to the centre once, had a bit of a yarn and picked up some more Firewarriors. The centre looks great and from reading the forums here, sounds like there's a decent bunch of people who attend.

I've been away from the old wargames for about 15 years. But (un)fortunately caught the bug again recently. I'm so very rusty it isnt even funny mind you. I havent played a single game of 40K/fantasy since I was 15! I will be looking to rectify that shortly.

As far as armies go, I have a little Space Marine army lurking around here somewhere that I'm planning to paint up as Red Scorpions. But my main interest in 40K is my Tau. Tau werent a race when I stopped playing so when I came back I wanted to try them. I know they get a hard time (anime inspired communists apparently) but I love the fluff and with any luck I'll be able to play them in a way that makes sense.

For fantasy I've just started collecting Dwarfs. Mantic Dwarfs. When I saw the sculpts originaly I didnt like them, but I figured what the hell and ordered some anyway. I love em now. They have KNEES! I'll stick some pics up when I have a bit of painting done.

I would like to maybe get involved with Warmachine a bit too. Also some historical wargaming. Probably ancients though. I'm a bit Viking obsessed.

I wont be making regular visits to the shop sadly, I dont get much time to myself at the moment between work and what not, but I'm looking forward to playing a few games and indeed meeting some of you fine folks

Take care

Dave
DaveTau
DaveTau

Back to top Go down

Dave (Yep, another one) Empty Re: Dave (Yep, another one)

Post  Eiglepulper Sat Sep 11 2010, 03:28

Hi Dave, welcome to Arkham! A fellow Tau player, eh? Good show. As for them being Commies, well.....this is what one guy had to say about that over at Advanced Tau Tactica.com:
Doombringer from ATT wrote:The Tau Empire
Despotic Totalitarian Collectivist Imperialistic Utilitarianist Society
ruled by Theocratic Hereditary Oligarchies watching over Meritocratic Councils
I don't think he agrees with them being communists Razz

I'm thinking about Warmachine too, oddly enough. It seems to get a good write-up, and there's a reasonable following for it at Arkham so it won't be a waste of money to purchase a small force.

Hope to see you up here sometime.

E.
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down