Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brushes at the ready - Painting competition!

+15
pkav2000
sir_m1ke
weeivor
theCrowe
Revic
SortiumSought
BOW-John
kwi
BloddshotDAVE
odinswolf
meleth
cthulhubruce
Velsharoon
Ironwolf
jb
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Brushes at the ready - Painting competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brushes at the ready - Painting competition!

Post  Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 10:51

Need more entry cards if possible Jb, or even email the template and I can print more up?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Brushes at the ready - Painting competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: Brushes at the ready - Painting competition!

Post  jb Sat Jun 11 2011, 11:01

Email sent (MSWord and .pdf format).

All the cards used up? That's good news!
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Piers Sat Jun 11 2011, 13:09

Bugger... Wish I could get up to join in! Mad
Piers
Piers

Back to top Go down

Post  uniteallaction Sun Jun 12 2011, 04:06

that sounds like fun I'll definitely be up for that.

Last edited by uniteallaction on Sun Jun 12 2011, 04:39; edited 1 time in total
uniteallaction
uniteallaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 04:28

Piers wrote:Bugger... Wish I could get up to join in! Mad

What's that sound....? Oh, it's just the sound of a collective sigh of relief. Carry on.... Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Piers Sun Jun 12 2011, 07:40

doblersdream wrote:
Piers wrote:Bugger... Wish I could get up to join in! Mad

What's that sound....? Oh, it's just the sound of a collective sigh of relief. Carry on.... Razz

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Piers
Piers

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Sun Jun 12 2011, 22:52

entry for the groups category incoming. i'll maybe get it in thursday.
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Mon Jun 13 2011, 08:44

On the countdown now folks. Just one week left to get your entries in.

Keep 'em coming!
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Wed Jun 15 2011, 23:51

entry finished, packed up and ready to go! wo0t w0ot! cheers
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Jun 16 2011, 08:10

Due to work and lack of energy to paint stuff I didnt get anything done Sad . Tried painting but I was forcing myself to and thats no fun. Need to get my gaming mojo back ASAP...
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Thu Jun 16 2011, 08:35

Velsharoon wrote:Due to work and lack of energy to paint stuff I didnt get anything done Sad . Tried painting but I was forcing myself to and thats no fun. Need to get my gaming mojo back ASAP...
Very sorry to hear that Andrew - although many may be happy to hear it given your prize at Arkham's birthday! If you get a sudden burst of inspiration and painting energy you've got until I arrive up at Arkham on Monday to get something in. If you have no other option you can enter something you already have painted if you like.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Brushes at the ready - Painting competition! - Page 3 Empty What do paints mean? Prizes!

Post  jb Fri Jun 17 2011, 03:06

(sorry for the title)

Due to financial and time constraints there will only be two physical trophies for the comp - 1 for the Cherubim category and 1 for the overall winner. I have minis built for these, now it's just a case of making them shiny and attaching them to a marble base somehow (it'll probably be a bodge-job with superglue).

Gary (twyearling) and I have been working on getting some trophy icons for the signatures of those that win each of the 3 main categories too, they're not finalised yet.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Jun 17 2011, 07:08

jb wrote:
Velsharoon wrote:Due to work and lack of energy to paint stuff I didnt get anything done Sad . Tried painting but I was forcing myself to and thats no fun. Need to get my gaming mojo back ASAP...
Very sorry to hear that Andrew - although many may be happy to hear it given your prize at Arkham's birthday! If you get a sudden burst of inspiration and painting energy you've got until I arrive up at Arkham on Monday to get something in. If you have no other option you can enter something you already have painted if you like.

I thought of that but its not really in the spirit of the comp. Looking forward to see the entries!
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Fri Jun 17 2011, 07:53

Got my entry up today.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Fri Jun 17 2011, 08:38

Velsharoon wrote:
jb wrote:

I thought of that but its not really in the spirit of the comp. Looking forward to see the entries!
A couple of previous posters have raised this issue too. So all I can say is what I've said before:

The comp is mostly about promoting the social side of Arkham and showcasing the talent we have here, so the more the merrier. Running it as a competition is just to encourage Arkhamites to put their very-best talents on show and to give everyone reason to say "man, I loved that [fill-in entry as applicable] you did" to someone else, and (of course) to hand out some lovely prizes. I understand that folks might consider putting in an earlier-painted model a little wierd, but I think it's a reasonable fallback option for those who just haven't been able to find the time.

That said I'm not going to go around arm-twisting, it's absolutely up to yourself if you want to enter with an older model or not. Besides, some of you fellas are rather too stout for a tiny weakling like me to twist your arms.

Last edited by jb on Fri Jun 17 2011, 08:52; edited 1 time in total
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Fri Jun 17 2011, 08:47

I don't see it as a big problem personally, it's about showing off your painting skills, something older shows them off just like something newer does. It is nise to paint something new just for the comp but not always possible with time restraints.

My entries something I was painting for a competition last year but didnt get finished in time, so I just touched it up and added a few things.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3