Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010

+10
GeneralDisarray
Ernest_The_Yak
row
Beer Ogre
Klingsor
jb
BloddshotDAVE
weeivor
tonyr
meleth
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: [ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010

Post  Neil Sat Jul 10 2010, 02:48

Going to go up for a look when this is on guys never had the pleasure of apoc game, will be interesting to see the level of carnage that ensues!
Is it possible to link other games to these, for example 1 of last posts on this thread from john talked about space hulk being played that day, say the loyal astartes get onto the hulk and fight their way through to the reactors and set them off the result being that the space hulk never lands on arkham13 and the nids/orks have reduction in forces or the opposite happens the marines get there asses kicked and a big hulk lands disgorging another force for imperials to deal with?
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: [ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010

Post  johnkell Sat Jul 10 2010, 03:55

my space hulk is fully pro painted by battle colurs they just came back today and are looking great
johnkell
johnkell

Back to top Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010 - Page 2 Empty Assault on Arkham- Well done guys

Post  odinswolf Sun Jul 18 2010, 21:32

The first apoc game was epic, the battle at the bridge was template intensive and the dirty traitors deserved to win for being the more aggressive(BAH!)

just a few suggestions on the next apoc game

get some big fans in! Razz it does get a bit 'funky' with so many people and no windows

maybe give each player a set activation time? eg 2 mins move 3 mins fire and 3 mins assault? the game was a bit hectic with so many going at the same time trying to lean over each other and who was shooting at what, who had the scatter dice/template, who had finished moving etc

use a smaller table and make deployment closer. I think the extension was a bit too much with the first 2 turns just being used to get into range ( yes partly my fault, I should have set up right at the front of the deployment area but all the big scarey titan and baneblade guns pointing at the bright yellow tanks made me nervous) Razz The final 2 turns had some frantic shooting and assaults and if the game had that from turn one would have been even more enjoyable!

try this for a new rule, If youre not at the table when its your turn or your getting attacked, your General comandeers your force. ( would speed up those "who owns this tank? where's the owner of this unit" moments

Fingers crossed I'll be more prepared for the next battle and I'm looking forward to it, Well done to all who organised the madness!

odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18 2010, 22:15

Thanks Graeme, glad you enjoyed the day. I'm sure Ivor & Trevor will take your comments on board to fine tune the next game Big Grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010 - Page 2 Empty Vehicle Flags

Post  Beer Ogre Mon Jul 19 2010, 01:13

I just read Graeme's suggestions. If there is a bit of problem identifying vehicles, why not make a few "flags" out of cocktail sticks and sticky labels. Write the owner's name on the label and blu-tack the flag to one of the vehicles (or a penny) and put the flag on top or among the unit. With a couple of flags and similar paint schemes, it shouldn't be hard to find the owner.

Job done and costs pence.

Big Grin

Last edited by Beer Ogre on Mon Jul 19 2010, 02:37; edited 1 time in total
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 19 2010, 01:53

Beer Ogre wrote:I just read Graeme's suggestions. If there is a bit of problem identifying vehicles, why not make a few "flags" out of cocktail sticks and sticky labels. Write the owner's name on the label and blu-tack the flag to one of the vehicles (or a penny) and put the flag on top or among the unit. With a couple of flags and similar paint schemes, it should be hard to find the owner.

Job done and costs pence.

Big Grin

Superb idea!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Ogre Mon Jul 19 2010, 02:57

odinswolf wrote:maybe give each player a set activation time? eg 2 mins move 3 mins fire and 3 mins assault? the game was a bit hectic with so many going at the same time trying to lean over each other and who was shooting at what, who had the scatter dice/template, who had finished moving etc

try this for a new rule, If youre not at the table when its your turn or your getting attacked, your General comandeers your force. ( would speed up those "who owns this tank? where's the owner of this unit" moments

Make a list of all players on each side in the order that they will be acting in... give them the 3 mins to take all their actions... then move to the next player on the list. Big Grin

In such a big game, with so many players, it's hard to keep everyone's attention throughout the whole game... wanderers are a a guarantee... it's much better to give them a "time to be at the table" before simply passing their turn to another player.

I would suggest. If a player is not available to play their slot (giving them a minute to turn up), they drop down to the bottom of the play list. If you're not there and you've already dropped down the list, then the General can do the stuff... that way people don't lose their turn and are encouraged to be at the table.

For example: If I've just had my movement phase and there are 5 players after me, I know it's going to be at least 15 mins (5x3 mins slots) before the opposition might get to shoot me... I can safely shop for 15 mins and buy many of Phil's shiny geegaws, which makes him happy...

[ARKHAM EVENT] "Assault on Arkham 13" - 10:00am Saturday 17th July 2010 - Page 2 Mcduck10

Either way, not being at the table when it's your turn is an unusual way of disqualifying yourself from getting a sportsmanship/team player prize. Big Grin
Beer Ogre
Beer Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2