Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahoy-hoy

+7
BloddshotDAVE
odinswolf
gary bingham
kwi
twyearling
meleth
Vapusa
11 posters

Go down

Ahoy-hoy Empty Ahoy-hoy

Post  Vapusa Tue May 03 2011, 09:57

Hi so introductions, introductions.

After a exploratory trip last Friday to Arkham i must say i was VERY impressed so i thought id introduce myself on her and see what the water was like.

Any way I’m Scott and I’m 21, live in Belfast and im in to miniature war gaming, I’ve played all the GW games in one form or another over the years at one point owning a Tau force for every game system that they where available for. But that doesn’t really float my boat any more so i moved in to Battle tech (all periods and multiple factions) and Flames of War (Mid war Germans and mid/late war Americans atm).

Flames of War is my main concentration at the moment and I’m itching to get more games in against other opponents, playing against the same two people gets repetitive, so looking forward to that if possible :)

O and as i side note i think I’ve met at least a few of the people on here already, as the gaming community in this wee country can’t be that big!

-Scott
Vapusa
Vapusa

Back to top Go down

Ahoy-hoy Empty Re: Ahoy-hoy

Post  meleth Tue May 03 2011, 10:49

Hey Scott welcome to arkham, there's quite a variety of stuff played so I'm sure you'll be able to get some flames of war games and maybe something else that takes your fancy.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  twyearling Tue May 03 2011, 16:44

Hi Scott,

Glad you found your way onto the forums! (I met you on Friday at Arkham)

Cheers
Gary
twyearling
twyearling
Administrator

http://www.arkhamgamingcentre.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Tue May 03 2011, 17:20

Woohoo! Another FoW player.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Planning to run Bagration firestorm campaign soonish, so get your 2 mates down as well.
There's really only 3 FoW players at Arkham ATM, but there are more people collecting armies than that, I myself have MW Grenadiers and British Rifles, LW 7th Armoured and a few variations on LW Grenadiers. Also have about 7 armies ready to get on the painting table Inc LW Soviets, EW british and more LW Germans as well as a LW US Airbourne that keeps getting pushed back.
And if you click the usergroup tab at the top of the page you can join the FoW usergroup.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 03 2011, 18:36

Hi Scott

Welcome!! Glad you like what we're doing at Arkham, and hope it opens up lots of gaming opportunities for you.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  gary bingham Tue May 03 2011, 19:31

Welcome to the madhouse Scott!
gary bingham
gary bingham

Back to top Go down

Post  odinswolf Tue May 03 2011, 21:36

late war British and German fow . well German as soon as the plastic wee men arrive ;-)
odinswolf
odinswolf

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Tue May 03 2011, 22:15

oh another flames of war player oh goody. im in the process of rebuliding my flames of war army. so give us a couple of months and youl have a another willing particnt to kill. maily looking at a Lw german and possibly a Lw brit para.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Wed May 04 2011, 05:28

Welcome Scott,

You've picked a good time to join the circus, there's been plenty of interest in Battletech recently. If you're anything like the rest of us you'll be dabbling in plenty of other game systems before long; or will suddenly find any Tau you still have kicking about very useful.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Wed May 04 2011, 05:48

welcome to the mad house bud. yes you shouldnt be short of players for anything your into and offers for stuff you hav not tried.

speaking of battletech theres a couple of belfast lads coming down on friday to play and introduce a few of us in to the basics of play.

hope to see you soon, and often
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Wed May 04 2011, 07:01

Welcome along bro, come along on wed night and see place in full war gaming mode, as well as everything else
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwolf Thu May 05 2011, 00:45

welcome scott

long time no see, happy you got your self up to see us, lots of things going on at the club such a hive a games, what ever floats your boat we got it

i hope to see you down some time

you old pal

Rik
Ironwolf
Ironwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum