Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necromunda

+5
theCrowe
Revic
Neil
Eiglepulper
Velsharoon
9 posters

Go down

Necromunda Empty Necromunda

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:30

Necromunda is a skirmish game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Lead gangs of warriors and hired guns, in a narrative campaign, to establish supremacy in the anarchic and violent, underhive of Necromunda

Rules

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480009a&categoryId=1100011§ion=&aId=5300010

Models are all members of gangs, I cam make gangs available but they are limited. Its best to use GW stuff but that means ebay or trades, although they do still make a limited amount of stuff you can get off the website. You can also convert models from plastic kits or just use imperial guard or what have you, but tbh you should go to town on converting something Big Grin

Scenery has already been made at Arkham so this seems more likely to be played first instead of Mordheim.

Only thing that needs to be considered is whether we use the house weapons and skills from the new rulebook or the old, as from what I recall the ruleset is pretty tight and balanced as long as nobody tries to break the lists and we play with an ungodly amount of terrain.

If your interested post your timescale and gang plus any other thoughts.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Necromunda Empty Re: Necromunda

Post  Eiglepulper Mon Feb 28 2011, 23:00

Never played Necro, but I have a rather large Van Saar gang, a hard copy of the rulebook and hopefully a bit of time to maybe learn some parts of the rules....if I can fit that in with learning Warmachine, painting three armies, writing a background for one of those armies, looking at SoTR rules.......

*Head explodes*

Roger
Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Tue Mar 01 2011, 06:18

I have my ratskins and a spyer gang somewhere, ratskin tribal warfare forward!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Mar 01 2011, 07:31

i have a van sarr gang but i would like to use Spyrers i think and/or mayb ratskins.
Trying to get the models and rulebooks off ebay.
not for a couple weeks till gorkamorka has run its coarse.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Fri Mar 25 2011, 01:09

played some munda down at arkham last night. was a good game. My Cawdor gave a good show of themselves.
i'll be keeping an eye on this thread just to see when things kick off on the old munda front.
til then i'll maybe try and get in for a gorkamorka game some night.

Necromunda Tower_10
i built this thing once just to see how high i could build it. but i never played a game on it. anyway, thought you'd all like to see.
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Duce Sat Mar 26 2011, 00:57

Wow, that is something i'd love to game on. a few of those with walkways and its killteam or necromunda heaven!
Duce
Duce

http://nibble.playsboard.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDarkLord Sun Mar 27 2011, 01:04

If i can find my old Escher gang (Tanyas Black Hearts) then i would be more than happy to join.
TheDarkLord
TheDarkLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Mar 27 2011, 08:44

Looks like things are starting to build with this, as always guys it getting the time and terrain for something like this.

It's Andrews baby so will leave it to him as to what way he wants to run it in terms of campaign or just few nights of gaming. But there is some really nice terrain (left by JB I think) that has to get used for necromunda. But will be further down the line guys as there is still Gorka ongoing and I think an ancients system about to be tested, but as I say it's Andy's so he will take reins. Good to see interest in it, ratskins forward!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Sun Mar 27 2011, 11:10

Having watched a game of Necro on wed nite, i would def be interested in entering a gang if a campaign started! The Gorka campaign has been fun to watch and would love to participate in some gang-improving shenanigans
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Mon Mar 28 2011, 06:21

Yeah Dave our game in Wednesday got me in the mood for some more Necromunda despite my total thrashing! A campaign would be excellent!
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Mar 28 2011, 06:34

If someone else wants to start up a campaign work away, I have two gangs built and painted already but I am focusing on WOTR right now, if you guys have the passion go for it!
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Mon Mar 28 2011, 06:43

With everything happening at the minute I'd say it's probably something better left for now, a necromunda campaign could be great when there's a lull on the amount of stuff going on, also means anyone interested can take their time to build up gangs and get some friendly games.
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Mar 29 2011, 07:22

If you noticed that Delaque gangers look like guys from the Matrix

Check this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Necromunda-Ganger-Doing-Cartwheel-extra-guns-Delaque-/200590554280?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2eb420f4a8
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Tue Mar 29 2011, 09:14

Revic wrote:If you noticed that Delaque gangers look like guys from the Matrix

Check this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Necromunda-Ganger-Doing-Cartwheel-extra-guns-Delaque-/200590554280?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2eb420f4a8

That is sheer awesome!!

"what is the underhive?"
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Mar 29 2011, 18:10

the underground below a hive city
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Mar 29 2011, 19:37

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/scifi.htm

scroll down to the gangers part, they are awesome but expensive, but its compared to GW so...
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Wed Mar 30 2011, 00:18

Revic wrote:the underground below a hive city

I was actually making a joke based on the "what is the matrix" quote...clearly the joke was not picked up lol confused
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Wed Mar 30 2011, 04:13

Don't worry Mike I got it :p. Might just be me but those heresy minatures models don't really do it for me( they're still probably nicer than the aged GW ones), but I'm more of an Escher player anyway!
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum