Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim

+3
Neil
kwi
Velsharoon
7 posters

Go down

Mordheim Empty Mordheim

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:21

Mordheim is a skirmish game set in the Warhammer World, where you lead mercenary warbands or packs of dark creatures in a narrative campaign, to search for Wyrdstone and slay your enemies in Mordheim City of the Damned

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3N5PR39P

This is a pretty hefty link but it contains "extensive campaign rules and background for several Imperial provinces, Town Cryer, printable terrain and DOZENS more warbands. In particular I bring your attention to the Imperial Outriders, Pirate Crew, The Araby list the fan-made Ogre Kingdoms, The Restless Dead (liches) and the Chaos Dwarfs as some of the most flavorful and interesting of the new additions"

I am not planning to run this campaign any time soon, as quite simply I wont play it without proper terrain, which is quite an endeavour. The amount of extra warbands etc is cool as it gives people the opportunity to use a lot of fantasy models.

If I did play this I would do a couple of things:

Half armour costs

Have a penalty for using a weapon in the off hand

Use random events for the craic

I would also consider a bonus for painted warbands (such as the leader gets a free upgrade if the warband is painted), just as another thing to inspire people to paint.

I will leave the rulebook up at Arkham for people to look in.

It is also available here

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480008a&categoryId=1100010§ion=&aId=5300009

So post here if you want to start, warbands and what to do about the board. For those who dont know its played on 4*4 packed with destroyed medieval houses, towers etc.

Last edited by Velsharoon on Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:31; edited 1 time in total
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Empty Re: Mordheim

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:22

I suppose I should say I want to buy some nice shiney new things to paint, so I will be probably doing undead with mantics stuff, or mercenaries with perry plastics. Decisions decisions.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Feb 28 2011, 23:49

I have the templates for knocking out mordhiem terrain pretty quickly, I did 10 buildings in 2 days (Painted and everything.) for an event a few years ago. Wouldn't mind giving up a Saturday for a group building session.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 28 2011, 23:53

As always I cant do Saturdays but would help in any way possible.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Feb 28 2011, 23:55

Well a Wednesday evening is 6 hours, but I imagine people would rather roll dice Rolling Eyes
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Mar 01 2011, 02:05

Not at all, if people want to start mordheim they will have to build the scenery as arkham doesn't have it. Just got myself some nice black textured spray to so need a use for it apart from the old gorkamorka Big Grin
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Tue Mar 01 2011, 06:30

I still have an elf character, Aneur I think he's called, so with that as a start point I will go for an elf raiding party
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Mar 01 2011, 07:34

i remeber buying a chaos or mutant warband ages ago off ebay, if i can find it ill happliy play this too.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Fri Mar 25 2011, 01:03

Velsharoon wrote: if people want to start mordheim they will have to build the scenery as arkham doesn't have it.

it does now. cheers
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  SortiumSought Fri Mar 25 2011, 06:44

Hmmmm! Starting my Empire army with GW and Warlord Games ECW. Core of my army could be a Mordheim Warband. I may even have a copy of the rules in a box somewhere.
SortiumSought
SortiumSought

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Fri Mar 25 2011, 07:26

theCrowe wrote:
Velsharoon wrote: if people want to start mordheim they will have to build the scenery as arkham doesn't have it.

it does now. cheers

class cant wait to see that. i remeber the tables we built in GW for Mordhiem years ago. mad multi level things with leering roof tops, broken bridges, planks linking shattered houses, craters, open drains ah those where the days
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sun Mar 27 2011, 08:47

theCrowe wrote:

it does now. cheers

Big thanks for the terrain dave, some of it based and all! You have to stick in a gang when this is running, think I'm still going for the elf raiding party but those middleheimers in the box looked damn good.
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum