Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorkamorka

+6
GeneralDisarray
chub
jb
Ironwolf
Neil
Velsharoon
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gorkamorka - Page 2 Empty Re: Gorkamorka

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 07 2011, 07:51

Cheers, we will leave the rules up there so everyone can look.

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Mon Feb 07 2011, 20:27

After Calaxia this week Andy I'm going to get really stuck into Gorka, was thinking of maybe gettin some scenery done or a playtest, whatever you need dude
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:59

Awesome Neil, I dont know what terrain I plan to do yet tbh, just finished my Trukk tho its awesome Big Grin Orky stuff is so much fun to paint, just not enough hours in the day.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Feb 08 2011, 03:33

Gorkamorka Mob “Da Rotten Belly Slaverz” (Gorkers)

Gutgor Dregog
Nob, Choppa, , slugga 15 15

Skaruz Skarslag
Spanner, knife, 6 21
Driver (Da Basha)

Gorfug Nazurty
Spanner, knife, 6 27
Driver (Da Catcha)

Badteef Wortsnik
Slaver, whip 8 35

Zoguz Mugzod
Boy, 5 ` 40
Gunner (Da Basha)

Waaog Skargul
Boy, shoota 7 47

Kted Sickshade
Grot, slugga 4 51

Kgodb Giantbelch
Grot, six shoota 4 55

Da Basha
Trukk, Eavy shoota 35 90

Da Catcha
Bike 10 100

Down to the bare bones with this one, its such a pain in the ass coming up with a list that works, I might change out the 2 grots for a boy instead and so I can arm the spanners. Any slaves I want in the list can be obtained from other gangs or bought.

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Tue Feb 08 2011, 07:04

I just got real lugga and cutta off ebay for like a tenner together. Awesome!
Also got an entire mob aswell, all from same seller, hopefully thats me sorted.
Ill still probably convert my own lugga aswell but ill have alot of stuff from ebay i wont need now.
Only thing left is Da Red Gobbo special character.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Feb 08 2011, 08:05

Revic wrote:I just got real lugga and cutta off ebay for like a tenner together. Awesome!
Also got an entire mob aswell, all from same seller, hopefully thats me sorted.
Ill still probably convert my own lugga aswell but ill have alot of stuff from ebay i wont need now.
Only thing left is Da Red Gobbo special character.

Your a jammy so and so, i never score good deals on ebay Sad Grats tho and my slavers shall have fun showing you how grots should behave.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Feb 08 2011, 21:59

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20&sort=20a&page=2&zenid=81a01dcff6426af09c7cef22a9c066d6

This link has lots of robotics and stuff, was gonna buy a load but they are quite expensive so shall wait till I need them.

My gang is built all the lads just need painted Big Grin
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralDisarray Wed Feb 09 2011, 06:45

I've got a gang assembled and half the boyz painted, just need to relocate my trukk(s)... If I've time I'll get the list up.
GeneralDisarray
GeneralDisarray

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Feb 10 2011, 23:15

Another terrain link

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2007/02/terrain-workshop-ork-village.html

First game last night, we realised after we had forgotten so much so decided to play properly next week, I re read the rules last night and so much lept out at me. Good in a way as my Nob was killed confused but tbh I wasnt bothered , I think next week will be even better with a hardcopy of the rules in front of us and the practice game played.

Couple of points to mention
1) Cant fire into hand to hand unless its on a vehicle
2) Sustained fire dice jams still need an ammo roll
3) To fight a bike u need to leap on
4) To turn at end of boost needs leadership roll
5) Better book keeping!

I am sure there is more...

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Fri Feb 11 2011, 03:29

i have got a copy of all three books ordered, so hopefully have them in hand for next wednesday night.
not sure if illl have the mob built by then though.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Feb 11 2011, 23:36

Neil just picked up the stuff from carrick and belfast, so there shall be a box of goodies at Arkham next week including my own stuff, if anyone is interested in playing come down and pick a gang for free.

The only thing you might have to get will be a trukk for your mob as the old ones are pretty small, unless you have mad converting skills.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Fri Feb 11 2011, 23:39

Thanks for picking that stuff up from me, Neil. Good Job

I had visions of it being another several-months-later affair as it was with the 'munda scenery. Embarassed
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:21

jb wrote:Thanks for picking that stuff up from me, Neil. Good Job

I had visions of it being another several-months-later affair as it was with the 'munda scenery. Embarassed

On that subject I was showing everyone your scenery on Wednesday, very impressive. Be rude not to play some Necro on it soon. May I ask why you were getting rid of such good quality and expensive stuff?

Also I wouldnt mind repainting it to match the scenery in the necro rulebook if it wouldnt bother you...
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  theCrowe Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:29

Neil has the stuff i was talking about. he picked it up just there now. but I'd like to try and get out there myself some time sooner than later. i may even start drawing up a mob just in case the opportunity arises.

but in the meantime, my two-cents of advice for fledgling gorkamorkers, from my experience of Gorkamorka i'd have to say that "Da Chase" Scenario is the most rewarding but probably best left until you've got a firm grip on all the basic rules. the rolling road somehow makes the whole game incredibly entertaining, there's nothing like a smoking ruined trukk firing desperately at the mob that wrecked it as they disappear of the end of the table and it disappears off the other end. if you ever get one of those games played get a write up on here, i'd love to hear how it went.

and for anyone having trouble with choosing a mob, here's what i've learned.

Vehicles- Trukks are essential. your mob needs transport and big guns to dish out the punishment. but what about the other options? Bikes are great for getting a Nob (or just anyone) where you want him but it often leaves him very unsupported. Another biker is a simple solution but if you've got the rest of the mob to transport you've probably got a trukk on the roster already and can't afford two bikes a trukk and a decent heavy weapon with all the boys and spanners required. An all bike gang can seem like a cool option (and it is)they're fast and manoeuvrable and offer some level of protection to the rider but bikes can't have heavy weapons so you'll have real trouble damaging enemy vehicles and you'll also come out on the bad end of any ramming actions you're involved in. and damaging enemy vehicles, especially in ramming actions is a big part of winning any game. the best option here to try and keep the biker aesthetic is to buy a trakk with a heavy weapon. they're pretty slow though and really i'd never buy one over a trukk.

Slavers- If you're against lots of mobs with Grots or rebel grot mobs then a slaver is a good investment as he can make captured enemy grots work and fight for you. But if there's not many grots about then he's not really going to come into his own. he has access to some interesting equipment but not much that makes him particularly effective. in fact my slaver Old Skagnet just got himself into trouble on a regular basis due to over overenthusiastic use of his gear. But they've got a lot of character and that's what this game is all about.

Yoofs vs Grots- If you've got a slaver then this is a tough decision. (otherwise you don't have the choice of hiring grots) Grots are cheep and good shots. instant small fire support. but a Yoof is almost guaranteed to miss every shot he fires for his first 2 or 3 games. it's in combat that he'll make an impact and get better. and that's the thing, a Yoof will get better faster than a Grot. it all depends on what kind of gang you want, how you want them to fight. Close quarters, Yoofs are stronger than grots. Ranged shooters, Grots are better than Yoofs.

drivers and gunners and spanners- Its important to nominate the roles of driver and gunner in each vehicle. I'm not sure why but i always tended to make my spanners the gunners of each vehicle. i think if offers a level of protection to the more valuable spanner. the driver gets singled out on vehicle damage tables and there is another slot on there for crew but the victim is randomly determined from all the orks aboard the vehicle. it's tempting then later on to move an ork with a better BS into the gunner's position but don't forget they'll have to pit fight for it and if your spanner dies from that you'll not be happy.

Mekboys, and docs- few teef spare and a dodgy boy with a gammy arm hanging off? send him to the doc. It's hilarious and often very worth it. sometimes it's a total botch but still hilarious and worth it. weapons and vehicles are often worth improving at the mekboys workshop but make sure you don't forget in game when the weapon gets used. if you can, model all improvements (and bodges) with unmistakable exaggeration. after all they're orks, the bigger and orkier the better. that way you'll not lose track. and in this game after 3 or 4 games it's very very easy to lose track of such things.

well that's it for my gorkamorka rantings i hope it's at least been helpful to someone.
theCrowe
theCrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Feb 12 2011, 00:38

Twas a good read and good advice for would be Nobs Big Grin So far people who have indicated they are building a mob are:

Andrew
Mike
Darren
Mat
Neil

So a good number of people!

No excuse not to join in as plenty of free models floating around plus its hilarious.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Sat Feb 12 2011, 03:14

Velsharoon wrote:
jb wrote:Thanks for picking that stuff up from me, Neil. Good Job

On that subject I was showing everyone your scenery on Wednesday, very impressive. Be rude not to play some Necro on it soon. May I ask why you were getting rid of such good quality and expensive stuff?

Also I wouldnt mind repainting it to match the scenery in the necro rulebook if it wouldnt bother you...

Thanks, Andrew, I'm glad you like it. Big Grin I was getting rid of it for a combination of reasons:
- I built it for a tournament we had which is now over, so it was taking up space
- I hardly ever play at home and it's too bulky to transport continually
- I have another scheme of terrain here for those few times when I do play here anyway

All in all I'd prefer to see it at Arkham where it would get some use and give those that game a chance to concentrate on gaming rather than worrying about building terrain. If I do play 'munda outside Arkham it'll probably be with Dave (theCrowe) who has tonnes of bulkheads & cardboard munda scenery.

Feel free to repaint it if you like, it's Arkham's scenery now so do whatever you feel needs to be done. It was originally envisaged as a ruined Mechanicum outpost (Facility 616), but if it needs re-painted to be be fully 'munda suitablego ahead; the landing platform piece was going to need painted anyway.
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12 2011, 04:34

Just like to echo the above - the stuff is excellent, and nothing i can say here can convey the gratitude for donating it. I assure it will be put to good use in the club.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Sat Feb 12 2011, 05:04

Thanks Phil.
For me this kind of sharing is just part of what Arkham is all about. Big Grin

I might even get up and have a game on it myself sometime soon!
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  chub Sat Feb 12 2011, 08:18

Ican't make it up every weekbut is it possible to get my name added to the list of players
chub
chub

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Feb 12 2011, 09:15

Just wanted to say again big style thanks to both JB and Crowe for the orks. They will be put to good use guys and find good homes!

And the terrain is fantastic JB, it is going to get loads of use munda, Gorka, inquisitor(which I'm hoping to run in few months time 28mm) to name a few.

And your spot on dude that's exactly what arkham is all about, it's about a gaming community that we are all trying to build here and even though it's still an infant I reckon arkham is going to go for strength to strength with the people we have. Contributing everything, mini's, terrain, rules, their time and energy! It's great to see guys and it can only get better with the crew we have!
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Feb 12 2011, 09:16

chub wrote:Ican't make it up every weekbut is it possible to get my name added to the list of players

Andy sorry if I'm jumping in here on Gorka but chub that's no problem at all, the more the merrier, it's all for the craic
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  jb Sat Feb 12 2011, 10:09

Neil wrote:And the terrain... ...is going to get loads of use munda, Gorka, inquisitor(which I'm hoping to run in few months time 28mm) to name a few.

Oho! Keep us posted on Inquisitor, man. I have a 28mm Inquisitor & retinue on my desk just waiting for a good excuse to get themselves painted!
jb
jb

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Feb 12 2011, 12:31

No worries Neil we have chatted often enough to know the score Smile
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Sat Feb 12 2011, 19:56

I now have everything in hand for Gorkamorka.
All 3 rule books and a mob.
Still need to build the lugga and cutta as they arrived brand new in box, unexpected for the price.
Gonna sort out a mob list today hopefully.
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Feb 12 2011, 23:12

I am gonna have to get that ebay app on my phone sorted so I can look for bargains. Good news on the books when you have read them throw them to me so we will have two of us caught up.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum