Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first steps

+5
cthulhubruce
weeivor
meleth
sir_m1ke
BloddshotDAVE
9 posters

Go down

which night or day would suit for the LOTR gaming sessions

first steps  Vote_lcap0%first steps  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
first steps  Vote_lcap57%first steps  Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
first steps  Vote_lcap29%first steps  Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
first steps  Vote_lcap14%first steps  Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

first steps  Empty first steps

Post  BloddshotDAVE Sun Jan 09 2011, 05:18

having removed the shackles aka my space marine army for the moment i ve decided i need to get the foot out my ars and work towards geting my urk hai force painted. amd thought hemm how to do this and maintain intrest. simple i need to get the LOTR system up and goin at arkham. so wat we need now is to decide how to go about this.

as sugested earlier a league from which we bulid our forces up on a monthly basis to conclude with a war of the ring battle. this seems the best way forward as 1 u get to bulid a force up gradually, 2 u get to learn both games.

all we need to do is agree a night which suits the majority of us so that we may begin.

so select ur choice from the poll and we shall work from there.

BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

first steps  Empty Re: first steps

Post  sir_m1ke Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:42

sounds like a good start! the host of Dol Amroth awaits the chance to take the field of battle

Wed and Sat are my only free days until April/May time, otherwise i wont make it regularly. but i am excited at the possibility of finally getting my LotR stuff up and running
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Fri Jan 21 2011, 01:33

I still have a bunch of lotr stuff sitting about that I haven't used in years, ranging from riders of rohan to last alliance elves, would be good to try and have a game with them sometime.

Last edited by meleth on Fri Jan 21 2011, 06:28; edited 1 time in total
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  weeivor Fri Jan 21 2011, 06:05

We are the fighting Uruk Hai HOO HOO HOO
weeivor
weeivor

http://www.weegamers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Wed Feb 09 2011, 09:44

would the urk hai in the corner plz calm down we arent off to war yet.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:03

wit the concenius bein wednesday im in a tricky corner i cud do weds but id need a lift out and in. also wat forces does evryone have and cud u give an idea of how many models it is plz.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  cthulhubruce Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:24

lotr never done anything for me, but id like to see a game, love some of the minis but the system from what im told of it leaves me cold.
cthulhubruce
cthulhubruce
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Wed Feb 09 2011, 18:38

LotR wasn't great as a system unless you loved Herohammer.
Apparently WotR is far better as a game and I am sort of tempted, despite my vow to stop plying th fantasy genre.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Thu Feb 10 2011, 03:54

well i plan to start with WOTR. its the best side of the game by far. its the big battles by far that realy shopcase the lotr models. espically when it comes to the urk hai or the masses of rohan horses.

the SBG side is alright for the fellowship of the ring but from the two towers onwards WOTR is the only way to go.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Fri Feb 11 2011, 03:11

BloddshotDAVE wrote:wit the concenius bein wednesday im in a tricky corner i cud do weds but id need a lift out and in. also wat forces does evryone have and cud u give an idea of how many models it is plz.

Im going with a pure Dol Amroth force, got some Swan Knights and i can proxy plenty of stuff til i get the rest sorted

Iv only ever played the SBG so havent a clue about WOTR to be honest- so i cant even say just what size of force i have!
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Fri Feb 11 2011, 04:37

sir_m1ke wrote:
BloddshotDAVE wrote:wit the concenius bein wednesday im in a tricky corner i cud do weds but id need a lift out and in. also wat forces does evryone have and cud u give an idea of how many models it is plz.

Im going with a pure Dol Amroth force, got some Swan Knights and i can proxy plenty of stuff til i get the rest sorted

Iv only ever played the SBG so havent a clue about WOTR to be honest- so i cant even say just what size of force i have!

aghh swan knights are rather leathal in WOTR and its really easy to learn. god i learned it in a matter of hrs at GW playing agnist ivors urks.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  SortiumSought Tue Feb 22 2011, 05:27

Alternate Wednesday nights would suit me. Though I've commited to SoTR for Wed 2nd March.
I've got into role playing the Morrow project on alternate Friday nights.

SBG and WotR are both good systems.

SBG for skirmish. WotR for big armies.

I have 1000 points of Gondor for WotR. 32 foot soldiers, 24 rangers, 2 scorpions, 6 cavalry, 8 swan Knights and Faramir. 12 Rohan allies.

I also have small painted companies for most of the other armies (except Dwarves. Never really took to stumpies!). And lots of unpainted figures to make up several WotR armies. Anyone wishing to borrow can do so.

I will commit to bringing up figures and rules for a SBG participation/demo game on Wednesday 16th March. St Paddy's the next day so I can stay later and get a lie in.

Can anyone do a WotR game (say 1000 points) that night to let people see the difference in size?

I travel up from South East Belfast via Newtownabbey and Carrick if anyone needs a lift.
SortiumSought
SortiumSought

Back to top Go down

Post  weeivor Tue Feb 22 2011, 06:01

I will try and help along with Dave to get the WoTR game.

1,000 points would be a good number to go with to begin. What do you think Mr BloodShot?
weeivor
weeivor

http://www.weegamers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Wed Feb 23 2011, 07:27

weeivor wrote:I will try and help along with Dave to get the WoTR game.

1,000 points would be a good number to go with to begin. What do you think Mr BloodShot?

mr bloodshot is very happy for u to help. 1000 points il see wat i can do for that. inbetween working on my list of tech work, my clone tropper outfit and my german outfit oh plus my HQ unit for the 4ok game forgot its name.

but my urk hai plan to march and destroy some foolish men, elves or watevrr else turns up.muhaaahaaahaaa plan of ruling the earth and middle earth comes to mind here and more evil laugh muhaaahaaaahaaa Twisted Evil Donk
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Mar 03 2011, 20:24

Well mike got the WoTR hardback book and I want to paint a mumak, were to start for a total noob?
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Thu Mar 03 2011, 21:55

If anyone wants to run a demo game of WOTR some Wed evening i can bring down all my stuff, it is pretty much all unpainted (due to having no-one to play against when i got the stuff) but it could bulk out some forces

For the forces of evil I have Uruk Hai Pikemen, Moria goblins (of various weapons from FotR box set), mordor orcs, some warg riders and possibly a cave troll

For the forces of good i have elves and men of the last alliance, riders of rohan, some swan knights and a load of heroes (Pellenor fields config, so have most of the fellowship bar Boromir and instead have Faramir and Eomer on foot)

If anyone wants to borrow them just give me a shout and ill bring them with, plus i would like to learn WotR as i assemble my host of Dol Amroth so i am happy to participate or watch as well
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Thu Mar 03 2011, 22:06

IIRC I have a cave troll some where, free to the first person who PM's me.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  SortiumSought Sat Mar 05 2011, 00:00

Is Wednesday 16th on for Lord of the Rings then?

I will bring SBG and figures for both sides and will also have my 1000 points of Gondor for WotR.

If there's no takers for SBG then i will play WotR.

If playing SBG then someone can borrow my WotR Gondorians if they fancy.

If some of us are also building up WHAB historicals then Romans make a good proxy for Gondor and Celts/British do well for Dunlendings. Persians/Arabs for Haradrim. I would accept Saxons/Normans for Rohan but don't get me started on "proper" proxies. At times I have to be true to my Tolkien Inner Geek!

SortiumSought
SortiumSought

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Mar 05 2011, 00:14

I wont be playing until I finish Gorkamorka but least you know I am planning to pick up some haradrim! None of this proxie malarkey either...can you play haradrim in the SBG to? If so could someone suggest an army for it, which I would then use to move on to WoTR
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  meleth Sat Mar 05 2011, 03:26

I'd like to get in on this, my stuffs pretty fragmented though and I haven't played in years so that demo game you offered might be good at some point Mike. I have loads of old last allaince stuff and lots of stuff from the original boxed games they produced for each movie.

Pretty tempted by the discounted War of the Ring rulebook up at arkham, only played it a handful of times but it's a nice fast paced game system.

Last edited by meleth on Sun Mar 06 2011, 02:40; edited 1 time in total
meleth
meleth

Back to top Go down

Post  sir_m1ke Sun Mar 06 2011, 02:38

Hey guys

Ill bring all my LOTR stuff down on Wednesday for anyone who wants to use them, i warn you the stuff is either unpainted or painted by wee bro Razz
sir_m1ke
sir_m1ke

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Mar 11 2011, 01:07

Picked up the rulebook last night looks good.

All being well I should get this on saturday or monday

1 x Suladan (old version) foot & Mounted (2 fig set)
1 x Suladan The Serpent Lord (new version) On Foot Only
1 x WOTR - Harad Commanders (3 fig set)
1 x SBG - Harad Command (2 fig set)
1 x The Golden King of Harad
1 x Haradrim Horseman Cheiftain Foot and Mounted (2 fig set)
1 x Hasharin
7 x Watchers of Karna
5 x Serpent Riders
1 x Mumak Muhud
1 x Mumak Commander
6 x Harad Abrakhân Guard
5 x Haradrim Raiders (new plastic version)
29 x Haradrim With Spears
30 x Haradrim Archers
16 x WOTR movement trays
2 Mumakil

A bargain at £125
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  BloddshotDAVE Fri Mar 11 2011, 01:09

a bargin more like robbery.
BloddshotDAVE
BloddshotDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sun Mar 20 2011, 02:35

Well its all arrived and I can't wait to get them on the table, painted or unpainted. If any of you chaps are needing rid of haradrim give me a shout as I'm already wanting to expand this army. Especially cavalry and metal units. Just need to think of a paintscheme now...
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Sun Mar 20 2011, 03:22

Velsharoon wrote: If any of you chaps are needing rid of haradrim give me a shout as I'm already wanting to expand this army.
I have 12 Warriors of Harad (6 with bows / 6 with spears) plus 1 Hasharin and Suladan on foot, see below for price
https://ni-gaming.rpg-board.net/t1883-my-big-clear-out

tyzer
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum