Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas to add to our infinity games

5 posters

Go down

Ideas to add to our infinity games  Empty Ideas to add to our infinity games

Post  Velsharoon Sun Nov 28 2010, 22:10

By this I mean terrain that could be used for infinity, or objective markers or what have you. They could be used for other games to but Infinity would be the main focus.

After looking for an hour I finally tracked down hostage models to hasslefree only to find they are out of stock :(

But I shall keep my eye out for them. Also look at this site for inspiration for terrain...if we actually pulled our finger out we could do something like this ourselves...and could also be used by AGC for cons etc

http://www.matakishi.com/infinitytable1.htmhttp://www.matakishi.com/infinitytable1.htm

or for someting a bit more generic

http://www.matakishi.com/makingthings.htm

This guy uses a lot of cork, anyone know where you could get it
I have tried making terrain before and i had to throw most of it out, to much work for one person but if people are interested (and not just infinity players) we could get a really nice looking 4*4 for various games.

Perhaps terrain is worthy of its own thread however and maybe its just a pipe dream...
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Ideas to add to our infinity games  Empty Re: Ideas to add to our infinity games

Post  tyzer Sun Nov 28 2010, 23:37

Velsharoon wrote:This guy uses a lot of cork, anyone know where you could get it
You can use cork tiles which you can find in the flooring section of B&Q

Velsharoon wrote:I have tried making terrain before and i had to throw most of it out, to much work for one person but if people are interested (and not just infinity players) we could get a really nice looking 4*4 for various games.

Perhaps terrain is worthy of its own thread however and maybe its just a pipe dream...
There was discussion at Arkham about setting up a Terrain Building Guild to get together and build terrain as a group and could work larger and/or more time consuming projects. Maybe we should resurrect the idea?
tyzer
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas to add to our infinity games  Empty Re: Ideas to add to our infinity games

Post  Velsharoon Sun Nov 28 2010, 23:43

Sounds pretty good, many hands make light work as they say.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Mon Nov 29 2010, 00:18

For whatever reason my iPhone won't open those links, so will get a proper look later on the laptop.

But I'm hearing u dude, objective markers hostages it all makes for a more interesting game, I know we have spoke about terrain before having a massive influence on infinity. Me and mike are going to try and get a game next Wednesday we can play around with terrain see what happens in terms o gameplay.

As for the 'many hands' terrain idea, personally I think its great idea, get a few of us together maybe once every couple of months and just blast a few ideas for the tables. Whether it's for sotr, infinity, 40k, fantasy whatever, it's for benefit of everyone that plays and the club.
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 29 2010, 00:22

What about a workshop idea, every 4 or 8 weeks for a day/night?

If it was a Saturday i'm sure the younger gamers who come on Saturdays would be fascinated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Nov 29 2010, 00:40

I can never make it on saturdays but I would happily help from home or from the painting minis point of view, I have plenty of foam board, insulation foam and mdf etc its just I suck at the actual building.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Klingsor Mon Nov 29 2010, 06:10

I have been looking for cork sheets for a year or two now and no where local seems to carry it, the look you get when you ask says something like 'get back to the 1970s you creature that style forgot'.
You can mail order it but that adds to the cost and foamcore works for me.

Last edited by Klingsor on Mon Nov 29 2010, 06:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar fixed)
Klingsor
Klingsor

Back to top Go down

Post  kwi Mon Nov 29 2010, 06:40

Another vote for foamcore, easier to get, easier cut, and if your canny about how you cut you can even fold your buildings so no foam is visible. 5mm is good for constructing 28mm scale scenery, and you can even get it in black.
kwi
kwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down