Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

+8
kwi
cthulhubruce
Heretic
tonyr
Revic
Velsharoon
Neil
tyzer
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  - Page 2 Empty Re: Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

Post  tyzer Tue Nov 23 2010, 10:01

tyzer
tyzer

http://www.fionaadoresheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign  - Page 2 Empty Re: Secrets of the Third Reich: Battle for the North campaign

Post  tonyr Wed Dec 01 2010, 00:38

Thanks Trevor.

In the next few weeks I'll get the map online. It would be great if people could post the hexes that they occupy and control so that I can populate the map.

I'm looking forward to getting a couple if games in this month if possible.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Dec 01 2010, 01:58

Trevor when will you be available for a game, if it isnt going to be soon we should just dice for it I suppose.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Thu Dec 02 2010, 00:39

Velsharoon wrote:Trevor when will you be available for a game, if it isnt going to be soon we should just dice for it I suppose.
I was going to ask you about tonight but I saw your post on the Gaming Nights topic about not making it tonight.

I'm at Arkham on Wednesday nights (my WFRP game usually start at 8.30/9pm) most Friday nights and will back this week at TTN on Monday nights.
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Dec 02 2010, 05:12

I can play monday or wed, assuming mike is coming up as usual. Wed would be better as tim and I have been playing coh on mondays and are half way through a game
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Dec 03 2010, 05:34

Any more battle reports chaps? come on lets hear of the fighting!!

think im going to go with soviets! when i eventually start an army
Neil
Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Dec 09 2010, 04:58

Looks like just in RL winter brings offensives and battles to a grinding halt!

*pokes trevor* I am not going to be around after tonight, shall be down south/manchester although I shall make an appearance at TTN on 20th december if its open and Trevor fancies finally getting these games. I am also prepared to host games at my house if needed.

Sorry for any inconvenience folks but considering the weather, illness and general festivities not much has been happening.

Tony if possible the online map idea is awesome,

As of the current turn and pending battles I claim 58,61, 62, 66, 69.

Battles are being fought vs Trevors Germans in 65, 74 with my third army holding 69.

Edit: Should we introduce a turn time limit, say 2 weeks to a month? Or are we all commited enough that we can wait as long as necessary. Personally I am open to waiting until combatants have sorted it out, but beyond a month/6 weeks it needs to be resolved. Slow and easy wins the race, and people can play SOTR outside the campaign if they want.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 05:02

Velsharoon wrote:I am not going to be around after tonight, shall be down south/manchester although I shall make an appearance at TTN on 20th december if its open and Trevor fancies finally getting these games. I am also prepared to host games at my house if needed.

You're leaving us? pale
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  gary bingham Thu Dec 09 2010, 05:24

tabletopnorth will indeed be open on the Monday 20th. Though closed the two weeks following (27th and 3rd)
gary bingham
gary bingham

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Fri Dec 10 2010, 01:57

Hi Andrew,

I take it you just away for the holidays and will be back in 2011?

I'm up for having a monthly turn limit, I think that should be long enough to organise a game. However with the current weather situation we can be a bit more flexible.

I'm hoping to pop down to Arkham a couple of times over the holidays to play some games (campaign or not).

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Dec 10 2010, 06:45

Fear not I just meant its unlikely I will be up until the new year.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Dec 27 2010, 04:42

Trevor any chance of a game wed or thurs to get things going again?

Also can everyone else post what their movements were so Tony can maybe do the map online, its a new year soon and I would like to get this going again.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Jan 11 2011, 21:30

Hey all,

The final game from turn 3 will be played on Monday, sorry for the delay but xmas and weather curtailed the gaming.

We need everyone to hunt out their hex movements and claims or have a look at the board at arkham to jog their memory.

Thanks

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Tue Jan 11 2011, 21:39

Hi Andrew,

I'll upload a PDF so people can download the map. It won't have the counters on but it may help.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  tyzer Wed Jan 19 2011, 21:23

The battles from Turn 3 have been completed (sorry for the delay) and so we are ready to move onto Turn 4.

Do we all want to get together at Arkham some day soon to play the next turn and any battles or do we want to try and run the campaign thru the forums?
tyzer
tyzer

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Wed Jan 19 2011, 21:33

I'm up for another day at Arkham but I will need payday to happen before then.

I'll bring down the big map all being well.
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Wed Jan 19 2011, 22:10

I know I will never make it up at the weekend, I think for convenience we can all just play on forums, I think we can trust eachother enough not to fudge the dice rolls, or if people arent happy with that someone impartial. People need to post their claimed territories and stuff still.

Trevor and I certainly learnt a few things playing our games, its extremely tough for the underdog (27 rp vs 20rp) to pull off a victory or even come close to it, especially given the weight of firepower 7rp represents. We talked before the battle and tried to give the underdog advantages such as choosing the scenario, he wisely chose ambush but even then it still wasnt enough, although he was aided by favourable special conditions (a night attack). It still wasnt enough so in that situation I would let the underdog choose the special condition, the scenario and maybe a free infiltrate move or somesuch or deciding terrain placement/types of terrain.

The chances of an underdog battle on that scale wont be as much considering that no one knew what size the oppossing armies where, but perhaps we could have "spies", where you spend 1rp and get to see one of your opponents lists.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:10

Ok so I guess everyone doesnt want to play or their to embarressed to post as they lost their movenemts Wink

One option is to start again and make all movement actions happen on forums, if people would prefer that then please post. Otherwise we shall just wait for people to post their hexes.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyr Thu Feb 03 2011, 00:24

I've been Swine Flu'ed so I've been out of action, I'm ok now though :-)

I would need to look at the map at Arkham to get my movements. Next time I'm down I do this.

Cheers Tony
tonyr
tonyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Sat Feb 05 2011, 13:12

Glad that the games have caught up. Love to get another SOTR game in feels like forever since I last got the figures out! Sadly my Saturdays are full to bursting though I am looking forward to a double whammy on the 26th with a Trevor spectacular on at TTN during the day and then some RPGing at night.

As to the disparity in large RP formations coming into contact with samller ones I am torn. My heart is telling me that we need to work out a way to even the field of play otherwise there is no point in playing the battle. My head says that if you get the advantage of 3 or four units during the "land grab" phase then you should face the consequences when you meet someone who made do with two.

If the main problem is just that a very uneven fight makes for a poor tabletop game then perhaps any fights where there is a significant disparity should be resolved via the roll of the dice and the table top reserved for roughly equal orders of battle.

Just a thought

William

Heretic
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Sat Feb 05 2011, 23:15

Thats a good idea Bill re just rolling a dice, another alternative Trevor and I thought of was having 3 equal points values for each of the armies which would keep things roughly equal (and when things were unequal a dice could be rolled).

Do you still have your hexes written down somewere?
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Sun Feb 06 2011, 01:29

Velsharoon wrote:Thats a good idea Bill re just rolling a dice, another alternative Trevor and I thought of was having 3 equal points values for each of the armies which would keep things roughly equal (and when things were unequal a dice could be rolled).

Do you still have your hexes written down somewere?

Umm. I should have but they are no where I thought they were..... When I have checked very poss option I wil give a definitive update.

If they have gone missing the I guess you can all blame me for ruining WWII for everyone else!!

As for the 3 equal values I also thought that we could have a base RP value of X points and a pool of X/10 to split between the units. The thing is if you like using armour (and I have spent what little free time I have recently butchering other games mecha models to make new SOTR ones) you kinda need all 55 RPs and given the cost of weird units vs historical you will inevitably end up having to make choices to keep your force ultra cost effiecient at the cost of some of the SOTR mechi/vampy/zombie-ness that makes SOTR sooooo cool! :)

Not sure TBH what to do...

W
Heretic
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post  Heretic Sun Feb 13 2011, 14:11

After much searching the following intelligence was obtained on my troop movements regards turn and hexes occupied

1) 8, 15
2) 11,19
3) 12, 10

William
Heretic
Heretic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Tue Feb 15 2011, 20:48

Good work Bill, will give it a couple of weeks to see how everyone else fares but I suspect we are flogging a deadhorse! Pity but it turns out that is the case I am definitely wanting to have another bash.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:49

Tony is there anyway you could host the large map online?

The epic fail of this campaign combined with the influx of new SOTR players leads me to believe we should start afresh at a later date.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next