Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules etc

2 posters

Go down

Rules etc Empty Rules etc

Post  Revic Mon Sep 13 2010, 01:29

i just have a query about the rules,

reading the rulebook it seems that casting a spell isnt the same as a mele/ranged attack.

in a standard attack it goes back and fourth, cheating fate or using soul stones, until one side has the biggest value.
But when casting a spell, the caster attepts to get the value needed to cast, then the defender attempts to resist by beating the caster's value, it doesnt appear that the caster can try to cheat fate after the defender has beaten their inital casting value.

does that make sense to anyone?

each time we have played so far we have been taking all duels the same way.

Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Rules etc Empty Re: Rules etc

Post  Velsharoon Mon Sep 13 2010, 05:01

You are right, we were playing it incorrectly.

However both people can still cheat fate/use soulstones, its just done in a different order

For example my Belle wants to cast lure

I flip and add her CA
I check the CC to see if spell is cast
I cheat fate if I want to.
Apply any triggers etc

Then you flip and try resist by adding either wp, df or a set number depending on the spell, in this case wp.
If you want you then cheat fate etc.

At this point the spell has failed to get through or it does and you apply the effects.

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Mon Sep 13 2010, 06:20

Just checking I was reading it right
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Sep 16 2010, 11:39

Couple of points from tonights game (and a bloody good one it was to). Sorry if they all seem to benefit me but these are the things that stuck out, please feel free to examine how I played to!

1) Neverborn count as living models so Seamus can use Necrotic Ministrations (pg 21, Living models)

2) Since neverborn are living models they leave corpse counters (pg 21, graverobber)

3) Just researched the FAQ and Bete Noir definitly doesnt consume a corpse counter, so I could kill cade, bring in Bete Noir and then use Kades corpse to summon a Rotten Belle. This is how we played it earlier but I just wanted to confirm it. Basically she can never die she is amazing :D Flip side is every time I want to use her something has to die, and I always have to keep a ten in my control hand to bury her. :S

4) with flurry the attacks arent all on one model which I thought was the case, so if I flurry and kill you on the first attack then as long someone is in range I can do the other 2...

5) immune to influence doesnt effect Morale duels so Teddy still has to take terrifying duels (errata, pg 7), still cant lure him or anything tho.

6) Talents are eveything (abilities actions and triggers) so I think the doppelganger can take anything she wants from a target model.

7) Pandoras The box opens doesnt make me lose the undead rule, so I still dont take morale duels. A morale duel is a morale duel not a wp duel.

Thats all that comes to mind right now...

Last edited by Velsharoon on Thu Sep 16 2010, 12:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : found more stuff)
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Fri Sep 17 2010, 00:50

1+2) yeah most neverborns are classed as woe, which i thought meant non-living but apparently not. they do create a corpse counter. but not teddy

3) you dont need to use a corpse counter, but you dont create any counters when a model is sacrificed. you would need 16 to re bury her when she is killed (slow to die). you were using groin strike to get a ++, this is her (0) ability and must be cast as a spell, which you didnt do before each attack to use it.

4)from rule book - Flurry(2) dicard a control card, this model makes up to 3 attacks against a single model.

5)immune to influence means ignore wp, so no effects on wp, therfore no moral or wp resiting spells

7)pandoras abilities only affect wp-wp duels, if u lose a wp-wp duel you lose a wound when near her, undead means you ignore harmless and terrifying (anything that means you run away).
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Fri Sep 17 2010, 07:59

Missed the fact I needed to cast to get groin strike, cheers for that.

With the flurry I guess the people on the Malifaux website had it down incorrectly or I misinterpreted it, least we played it correctly first time round.

Re undead ignore harmless were are you getting it from, as from what I see only Terrifying models ignore it.

With immune to influence I maintain that Morale Duels are not WP duels as you can see from this thread on official rules forumhttp://wyrd-games.net/forum/showpost.php?p=130468&postcount=6

However Terrifying does appear to cancel out terrifying as the first sentence under terrifying, pg 78 suggests. So Teddy doesnt do morale duels but not because of ItI....

I think thats eveything now :S

Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Revic Fri Sep 17 2010, 08:03

ah i see, immune to influence in defence only, terror and harmless would be during attack
Revic
Revic

Back to top Go down

Post  Velsharoon Thu Oct 07 2010, 10:44

Good game tonight, but it might have played a bit differently if we had been aware of the errata pg 7 ...poison doesnt stack!

Was good anyway, prretty much have everything nailed down now.
Velsharoon
Velsharoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down