Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JGC

3 posters

Go down

JGC Empty JGC

Post  vedalslayer Sat Sep 04 2010, 00:44

Hello all, names John-George, long time gamer first time poster.

been gaming for far too long and amassed the following experiences in wargames.

Warhammer 40K:
Tau = 20K (oh foolish youth, why did you amass such numbers? still, got to game with the beasties including the Tigershark and Orca. 3 Cadre's in differing colour schemes with a 'special forces' theme. reasonably successful and my current favourites).
Eldar = 15k (my first army, back in the day. For a long time I was 'Mr Eldar' with a Cobra, Scorpion and Revenant titan eventually added to the bunch. not gamed with in a while but are being slowly rebuilt)
Chaos = 10K (alpha legion. known as the 'Giant Killers' as I like to use them to kill the enemies bigger war machines and they have no big weapons themselves. your Baneblade is not as intimidating when its on fire comrade pirat .)

Warhammer:
Samurai = 4k (using a very old rules set that just about fits with the current rules. only reason i play with these boys is the models from Perry Miniatures. beautiful and being painted bit by bit.)

Other:
Warmachine = a small, but growing, Khador battle unit. love the models and the game is a good laugh.
Aeronautica = A small long-suffering Chaos squadron that everyone picks on. still, they now have a Harbringer amongst there number that has yet to be shoot down.

got me a large British Paratrooper army for 'Warhammer World War 2'. only gamed with 3 times (2 loses and a win B-)) but good system and wonderful models from the work of Black Tree Miniatures and Bolt Action.

otherwise, i've GM'ed and organised a fare amount in RP games such as Whitewolf Vampire and Mage, as well Warhammer 40K Role play 'Rogue Trader' game and the lesser none but i can assure you just as epic 'Cadwallon' RP game from Rackham, with a little bit of Warhammer Quest thrown into the bargain. I also do that 'LARP' thing as well (though apparantly the crossbow intimidates people, don't figure).

I've not yet visited the centre but hopefully myself and comrade Roger will pop down one of these days, see what all the fuss is about B-).
vedalslayer
vedalslayer

http://www.northdownmilitia.co.uk

Back to top Go down

JGC Empty Re: JGC

Post  vedalslayer Sat Sep 04 2010, 00:46

oh yeah, and I'm the chairman at the gaming club in Newtownards. Bad Company: Redux. some of the lads from Ards / Bangor have already visited and were well impressed by the place and peoples :).
vedalslayer
vedalslayer

http://www.northdownmilitia.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiglepulper Sat Sep 04 2010, 01:24

Don't worry, me old son. I'll get you trailed out here kicking and screaming soon enough!

You mentioned Aeronautica Imperialis there......*fondly remembers last Tuesday's game*.....that Harbinger is gonna have to go down when it comes out to play again!

E.

Eiglepulper
Eiglepulper

Back to top Go down

Post  weeivor Tue Sep 07 2010, 07:27

Good to see you on board JG. Hope to see you down soon. Plenty of tables for you to blatter away on. There is an APOC game coming up on 18 September.
weeivor
weeivor

http://www.weegamers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 07 2010, 08:45

Welcome to the forum Big Grin

Have heard good things about Bad Company - hope to welcome you up to Arkham sometime soon!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum